ซ่อมคอมพิวเตอร์นอกสถานที่ บางกะปิ
www.becomz.com

WEBSITE DESIGN TEL 095-954-4524

วันศุกร์ที่ 14 สิงหาคม พ.ศ. 2569

A year ago, I hoarded my trash to track my waste. Here’s what I swapped, and still swear by, to cut out single-use plastic

 

This article is part of CNN Underscored’s Earth Week, a weeklong focus on our planet and ways to celebrate and preserve it. We’ll be featuring tips on how to live more sustainably, products to help you spend more time in nature and exclusive deals all week, so check in every morning to see what’s new and be sure to subscribe to the CNN Underscored newsletter to see it all.

I’ve always considered myself a relatively sustainable person. I avoid plastic water bottles, recycle religiously and try to rely on secondhand shopping (like borrowing clothes from my sister). I bring tote bags to the grocery store, use every last drop of skin care and try to make low-waste choices at home whenever possible. Sure, I never neglect buying overpriced coffee and sometimes forget my reusable bag, but overall, I would’ve given myself a B rating when it came to living sustainably.

That all changed when I tracked my trash for a week — and the results were sobering, to say the least.

In the lead-up to Earth Week, I saved every piece of waste I generated for a “trash audit.” From food packaging to beauty “empties,” this challenge helped me get a clearer picture of my environmental impact. By the end of the week, I was left with a horrifying pile of yogurt cups, coffee lids, plastic wrappers and takeout containers — far more than I expected. I even had enough trash to cover my entire dining room table. My biggest offenders were plastic food packaging, disposable coffee accessories, beauty product waste and cleaning supplies.

It was both a wake-up call and the start of a deeper shift in how I think about plastic waste and consumption. Here are the sustainable swaps I made and still use more than a year later to help reduce my plastic use.

Share:

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น

Disqus Shortname

Comments system

ขับเคลื่อนโดย Blogger.

จำนวนการดูหน้าเว็บรวม

Blog Archive

Post Top Ad

คลังบทความของบล็อก

Author Details

Menu - Pages

Business

Random Posts

Recent

Popular

Blog Archive